POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eye 3 : Re: Eye 3 Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:29:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eye 3
From: TonyB
Date: 9 May 2000 20:02:13
Message: <3918a705@news.povray.org>
>From version 2 to version 3 you changed the pupil. That was not good I
>think. You should change it back to being a simple sphere. That seems to be
>what others say too.

OK, I'll change it back (luckily, all it involves is commenting two lines
and uncommenting another. :)

>Since version 1 you have also changed the colors.
>However, it seems that many others prefer the gradient.

If it makes the people happy, I've got to leave it that way. Besides, it's
not a really fancy gradient, and gives it a little more style without
increasing complexity, don't you think?

>I think you should keep it that way. It's more like an eye-brow this way,
>than if the edge ended in a perfect half circle. Not that anybody said that
>you should change it, it was just a comment.

A good one, I must add. It gave it that edge it was missing. Thanks. :)

>By the way, I don't think the black and white version should have those
>white highlights. I liked your own version better.

I don't think there should be any problem with providing both versions for
people to use officially, right?