POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What is POV? : Re: What is POV? Server Time
2 Oct 2024 10:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is POV?
From: Ken
Date: 9 May 2000 17:41:08
Message: <3918856E.85553282@pacbell.net>
David Fontaine wrote:

> Does the bulb immediately stop emitting light when the power is cut, or does
> it "cool down"?

I used the example for purely illustrative purposes. Obviously is does
take a filament time to cool down and in fact they are specifically
designed not to. But if we were to model the filament to have a perfect
heat discharge that followed the current cycle through it in the form
of a shape edged square wave the example would fit the explaination.
LED's in fact come much closer and that is why I also mentioned them
in my example. I just didn't expect you to come along and nit pick.
If you have a better example to offer I am sure Peter would be happy
to hear it.

> Sigmund's right, it's 120 times a second ;-)

Not on a 30hz system.