POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Clipped_by with blobs and cylinders, what am I doing wrong? : Re: Clipped_by with blobs and cylinders, what am I doing wrong? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clipped_by with blobs and cylinders, what am I doing wrong?
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 9 May 2000 14:39:24
Message: <39184D8E.98FFCEE@peak.edu.ee>
Steve wrote:

> Hi Povers
>
> I've got a blob of cylinders (textured), and when I clip either in a seperate
> object or inside the blob I get what I'd expect to get if the blob were
> hollow which it isn't, I also get this on a seperate object that's unioned
> with the blob eg:

I don't see a problem here, it works just as I would expect it to.
Making an object 'hollow' has no effect on clipping or CSG, only fog and media.
Clipping always leaves a hole in the object, if that's what you mean. If you
want a surface along the cut, you need to use CSG (intersection or difference) -
just as in the older versions.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee