POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Emission Type 2 and media brightness : Emission Type 2 and media brightness Server Time
2 Oct 2024 10:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Emission Type 2 and media brightness
From: Jerome
Date: 9 May 2000 09:55:22
Message: <391818C8.A976C637@iname.com>
I've created a new type of emitting media that works as
well in front of a white background as a black. This picture
also illustrates a bug I've fixed in media method 3.

	The first picture was done with media method 2 and standard
emitting media. It was rendered in megapov.

	The second picture was done with method 3 and standard
emission. It was also rendered in megapov. Notice that the
media is darker than the first.

	The last picture was done with method 3 and the new media.
It was rendered with my patch. Note that the brightness is
the same as for the method 2 media (and that's not related
to the new type of emitting media, it's a change I made in
method 3 which affects all medias...)

		Jerome

PS: for those who wonder, yes there *is* a media in front of
the white box in all 3 pictures
--

* Doctor Jekyll had something * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* to Hyde...                  * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'emission.jpg' (8 KB)