POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eye 3 : Re: Eye 3 Server Time
2 Oct 2024 10:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eye 3
From: TonyB
Date: 9 May 2000 09:21:51
Message: <391810ef@news.povray.org>
As per someone's suggestion, I'll answer everyone in one message.

I can see that most of you aren't happy with the change. No problem, I was
just testing another angle, we can always go back and take another
direction. But which?

>What about pigmenting the "eye ball" with a radial with a small color band
>from -0.1 to 0.1, for example, and rotating it to align it horizontally? It
>would mimic some kind of "cats" pupil, if you see what I mean... Sounds
>silly? Don't bother. It might look okay, but wouldn't actually look like an
>eye, anyway, thinking about it.

You know what? I already tried using radial. Too complex, not particularily
nice.

>I might be picky, but it seems that you've swept an ellipsoid, and that on
>the thick end of the sweep,  the ellipsoid is somewhat "skewed". Maybe it's
>okay, but was it supposed to be this way? (I'm not saying anything else
>looks better!)

Yes, well, I rotated in z by 35 degrees, then scaled it, so it should skew.

>AARGH! You've got one of those rat-like-dogs!?

Yes. :)  Best dog I've ever had.