POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : colors and glowing : Re: colors and glowing Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: colors and glowing
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 9 May 2000 08:31:34
Message: <39180526$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde> wrote...
> In article <chrishuff_99-2DAF25.17571308052000@news.povray.org> , Chris
Huff
> <chr### [at] yahoocom>  wrote:
>
> > Do you really think adding a "glow" component to colors is the best way
> > to do it?
>
> No, surely not.  Glow seems to be more of an additional kind of object
(not
> color) property to me.

However, the concept sounds very interesting to me.  Keeping this at 'glow'
seems a bit limiting, but if this were to be extended to contain some form
of general object information that would be used by the post-processing
filters, that might make it worthwhile.  Of course, adding a 6th component
to the color vector would cause a loss of performance (decreased speed and
increased memory usage).  Anyway, it is a creative idea that is at least
worth considering.

-Nathan