POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eye 3 : Re: Eye 3 Server Time
2 Oct 2024 10:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eye 3
From: Simen Kvaal
Date: 9 May 2000 03:18:49
Message: <3917bbd9$1@news.povray.org>
Hm. It kinda got out of hand. As I've said, I believe it gets too
complicated with a torus _and_ a sphere in the middle.

I got an idea:
What about pigmenting the "eye ball" with a radial with a small color band
from -0.1 to 0.1, for example, and rotating it to align it horizontally? It
would mimic some kind of "cats" pupil, if you see what I mean... Sounds
silly? Don't bother. It might look okay, but wouldn't actually look like an
eye, anyway, thinking about it.

I might be picky, but it seems that you've swept an ellipsoid, and that on
the thick end of the sweep,  the ellipsoid is somewhat "skewed". Maybe it's
okay, but was it supposed to be this way? (I'm not saying anything else
looks better!)

Simen

PS:
AARGH! You've got one of those rat-like-dogs!?