POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Skin? : Re: Skin? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skin?
From: Charles Fusner
Date: 8 May 2000 18:45:10
Message: <3917443C.D1863DC@enter.net>
Dean MacIsaac wrote:

> I just opened this in OE 5 with the folders  column open, and it's pretty
> messed up.  I want two pieces, a distance away from each other to share a
> "skin" between them

First, I'll assume by "skin" you mean a texture, not a skin-like
object (for example a bezier patch stretched between them).

But do you mean you want to use one texture on both pieces at once
thus save the trouble of assigning individual textures, or do
you want it to look like they were once together, painted while
they were together, and then subsequently split apart each taking
its piece of the texture with it? Either can be done; the latter
is somewhat more complicated to explain and requires you to use
multiple references to the same texture, but is still quite
possible, but it'd be better to know which you're trying
to do before describing a solution.