POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Photon and light : Photon and light Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Photon and light
From: Fabian BRAU
Date: 8 May 2000 05:36:15
Message: <39168A83.A25A98A1@umh.ac.be>
A simple question:

when I use photons, I put the required lines into global settings
and into the object block and it work fine. Now I can also
add a photon block to the light source, but then, the photo map build
seems to be not the same : many more photon are stored.

So the question is: what about put or not a photon block inside
the light block

Last question: How work global photon: If I use global photon without
the photon block inside the light block, the photon map seems the same.
But If I use the photon block inside the light block (with global
written)
Megapov says "building photon map" but no number appear, what it does?

Thanks to help me.

Fabian.