POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : inspired by PLC (60K jpg) : Re: inspired by PLC (60K jpg) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 10:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: inspired by PLC (60K jpg)
From: Adam Coffman
Date: 6 May 2000 12:16:50
Message: <39144572.FFA7BA0F@ipfw.edu>

> Clever idea, but it might be hard to make the shadows be seen once the image
> is scaled down to an icon.
>
> Were these true type fonts or hand-made letters ?

Thanks for the comments so far.  I was not intending to submit this to
any logo contest, since it doesn't really fit the guidelines --- it
loses most of the interesting detail in a smaller rendering, and
seeing all the letters (which is the whole point) depends a lot on
camera angle and lighting.

The "font" is hand-made, I guess :-), since I started with the surface
and just chipped away the parts that didn't look like P, O, V.  I'll
post the code in text.scene-files.

I am thinking about using this as a logo for my own image gallery.

Adam C.