POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Patch Request - render without save : Re: Patch Request - render without save Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:15:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patch Request - render without save
From: Ken
Date: 5 May 2000 21:52:05
Message: <39137A42.8D682DB2@pacbell.net>
"SamuelT." wrote:

> It would be neat to be able to render an idea without having to save the
> file. Perhaps you are developing a macro for a scene, and don't want to
> make a new file just for the macro. Is there anything stopping such a
> helpful version of pov from being possible?

POV-Ray for Windows v3.0 allowed you to do this but I am not sure why
the feature was discontinued in v3.1. The work around I use is if I
want to return to a prior state I use multiple undo's to get back
where I was at. This technically bypasses the save feature allowing
you to save at any point you want in your development.

Only drawback to this last method is if you are working with a 50 meg
file.