POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More logo concepts (~8kau) : More logo concepts (~8kau) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 10:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  More logo concepts (~8kau)
From: TonyB
Date: 5 May 2000 18:37:52
Message: <39134d40@news.povray.org>
I was having trouble sleeping last night, so I started doodling. I came up
with lots of new ideas, two of which were postable. I just made them in
Illustrator a few moments ago. (Forgive me, Bill). ^_^*

The Crusoe-POV logo is very loosely based on the Transmeta Crusoe processor
logo (http://www.crusoe.com/). I was thinking of only adding the "Ray" part
of it when it is above 32x32. What do you think? That way we could zoom in
on the POV part, which is really the center of the logo. (BTW, it didn't
quite come out like I planned it. Maybe I should scan the original and post
it for reference.)

The Love-POV (maybe Heart-POV would be more accurate) isn't really a serious
attempt at a logo, it was just one of those wild ideas that slips into my
head. I've already caught a problem with it anyway. When you make it really
small (icon), you can't see the V clearly. I could make two versions, one
which works best in small size, and another for the larger size. Please give
me some comments anyway.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for improving these or any of my
previous logos (#11 from the competition and the P-R logo from a few days
ago), let me know. Thanks. And good luck to all the other contestants. May
the best logo win! ^_^

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'crusoe-pov.gif' (1 KB) Download 'crusoe-povbig.gif' (3 KB) Download 'love-pov.gif' (1 KB) Download 'love-povbig.gif' (2 KB)

Preview of image 'crusoe-pov.gif'
crusoe-pov.gif

Preview of image 'crusoe-povbig.gif'
crusoe-povbig.gif