POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: particles? : Re: particles? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:14:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: particles?
From: Pabs
Date: 5 May 2000 03:50:35
Message: <39127D70.4BA35A62@hotmail.com>
> > Has anyone done any work with implementing a particle system in POV?
> Any way I'll keep this thread informed

When I post the preliminary ParticlePatch src (done over MegaPOV 0.4) next week (I
think it will be finished by then) how should I post it
1 - just the bits I have inserted/changed & info on where they go
2 - changed src files
3 - complete src files

PS - the results I have been getting wrt illumination and colouring leave something to
be desired and look more like spherical fog than anything I got out of James Neill's
ray-tracer - esp. comparing the first scene he did with the same scene converted to
POV, but the refraction is quite good