POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : blob question, 5k gif : Re: blob question, 5k gif Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blob question, 5k gif
From: Ross Litscher
Date: 2 May 2000 18:17:35
Message: <390f53ff$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks, i figured i'd add a normal, agate is what i tried, to see how it
interacts with real unwanted bumps. it makes things less noticeable atleast,
and for my purposes, adding a normal makes sense. in other cases, it might
not though.

I don't know anything about writting code for lathes, so i'm going to stick
to blobs. i might try using some componants that are scaled heavily in the y
(up/down) direction, or maybe a cylinder componant going all the way down
the middle to see if that smooths things some. i don't know anything about
cylinder componants either :) so we'll see.

thanks for the help,
ross

Bob Hughes wrote in message news:390f50e3@news.povray.org...
> In doing such shapes I guess the old saying "nothing's ever easy"
> would apply.
> I wanted to check out what David H. has said here and came up with
> the following:

::snip::