POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Finished!! (224Kbu) : Re: Finished!! (224Kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:22:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finished!! (224Kbu)
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 2 May 2000 07:53:33
Message: <390ec1bd@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote :

> Roland Barthes, in his
> essay on photography titled the "Chambre Claire", called this odd stuff
the
> "punctum", for example a small, unexpected detail that shouldn't be there
if the
> picture was actually perfect.

    This reminds me of the Buddhist story of a monk who, in preparing the
monastary for the visit of a superior, trimmed and cleaned up the garden,
raking the leaves into a compost pile. When the visitor arrived the monk
asked him if he enjoyed the perfection of the garden. The older monk went
over to the compost pile and got a handful of leaves and scattered them over
the garden and said, "-Now- it is perfect"...