POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Finished!! (224Kbu) : Re: Finished!! (224Kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 20:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finished!! (224Kbu)
From: Ross Litscher
Date: 1 May 2000 13:54:09
Message: <390dc4c1$1@news.povray.org>
Glen Berry <7no### [at] ezwvcom> wrote

> >There's something about the droids being right in the middle that makes
me
> >hear voices of past art teachers screaming "bullseye."
>
> Your art teachers enthusiastically played darts in class?   :)

yes, if my paintings had something predominantly in the middle of them, they
would get darts(if not globs of paint) thrown at them. okay, not really. but
they would give me some pointers on how to make things more interesting for
the viewer.

> For the record, the frontmost droid is not totally centered, but a
> little low and to the right. If you assume that it is flying in
> formation with the one behind, this suggests a trajectory for their
> flight. If they are coming toward the camera, the front droid is also
> going downward, and toward the viewer's right.

you're right, but the droids as a whole are pretty much in the middle of the
image. the hints of motion help lessen this, so it's not totally bad at all.
just something that caught my attention. I'm more questioning of how i only
see the left 3/5 of the image when i casually look at it.

> By the way, there are no composition rules, only suggestions.

yeah, but the suggestions have validity in most cases. they often seem to
make the image more interesting. I think that if H.E. (what is your first
name anyway? or do your friends just call you H.E. all the time...) really
wants to kick some ass, he should incorporate more traditional artistic
knowledge with his nice rendering and modelling knowledge. I'm no genius on
the topic at all, so take my opinions with a grain of salt or toss em in
/dev/null.

ross