POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Finished!! (224Kbu) : Re: Finished!! (224Kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 20:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finished!! (224Kbu)
From: Warp
Date: 1 May 2000 13:07:55
Message: <390db9eb@news.povray.org>
You must be tired of overwhelming positive feedback already. Unfortunately
I can't be an exception. I will try, however, to be more objective (so no
"wonderful!", "outstanding!" or "perfect!" screams this time, sorry :) ).

  I must say that this is one of the best POV-Ray images I have ever seen.
And I don't say this very frequently.
  Deducing from your previous posts I think this image is made entirely or
mostly by hand. I just can't understand how can you do this even using
a high-end modeller in just a couple of months (as a hobby, not as a paid
job). The richness of details is almost overwhelming. The amount of work
spent on this image is truely admirable.
  And of course the amount of work spent can't be the only thing that makes
an image good. The ability to create and place objects, designing the whole
scene, setting up lighting, texturing, etc. is the most important part of
the process. It definitely requires talent.
  Also the ability to use some of the most difficult features of povray
such as the atmospheric effects seen in the image in an almost perfect way
shows an admirable knowledge of the program.
  This is one of those images that can be proudly shown to all 3D-Studio
and other high-end modeller users to show the possibilites of a free
raytracer.

  I don't think I'll never learn to make images like this.
  Would you, however, be willing to write some tutorial about your
techniques?