POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Radiosity : Re: Radiosity Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 30 Apr 2000 16:22:07
Message: <390c95ef@news.povray.org>
TonyB <ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote...
> >I wonder if photon mapping would be of any use to this technique?
>
> Nathan said it wouldn't help MegaPOV's current radiosity.

Actually, I said that theoretically it should be able to help the current
radiosity, but I have been unsuccessful in implementing that part (the
global photon stuff, in case people happen to be looking at the source
code).

I'll have to look more closely at this new light transport model to find out
if it compliments photons and radiosity or replaces them.  The sample images
look pretty neat, though.  :-)

-Nathan