POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Finished!! (224Kbu) : Re: Finished!! (224Kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 20:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finished!! (224Kbu)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 1 May 2000 21:33:17
Message: <390E305E.B0F30EC3@hotmail.com>
Glen Berry wrote:

> On Mon, 1 May 2000 15:52:21 -0400, "ddombrow" <ddo### [at] vtedu> wrote:
>
> >>   "If you ever shoot a roll of film and all the resulting photos are
> >> pretty, sharp, and well exposed - you've failed."
> >
> >Perhaps for a magazine that attempts to capture a believable reality, this
> >is true. But for H.E. Day and other artists, "believable" doesn't
> >necessarily come into play. For them it is often far better to capture the
> >unbelievable POV-Rayality of a given scene.
>
> You don't get it yet...   not at all...      sorry.
>
> I'll wait to see if anyone else has a comment before I explain it.

Hmmm...

Maybe you mean that if one is satisfied with all the pictures
on the "roll", then one has lost the ability to improve
...and that this itself is a kind of failure?

Or do you mean that if all of the pictures on the "roll" is
"right" then one are not experimenting (and pushing the limits)
...and without experimenting one cannot evolve ?

Or maybe I haven't got it yet either... :(

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html