POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Image cache and decals : Image cache and decals Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:31:31 EDT (-0400)
  Image cache and decals
From: Davide Libenzi
Date: 30 Apr 2000 04:57:01
Message: <390C12E6.C980567F@yahoo.com>
1) I've noted that if You've a texture image invoked in more places
inside PovRay scene
it'll be loaded more times wasting machine memory.
I've implemented an image caching system that will load images ( all
kinds ) only once.

2) Polygon decals are not handled by Povray. There are cases where
You've multiple
overlapping polygons that must decal in a given order. I've introduced
an optional "seqnr"
attribute to polygons that will be checked during intersection test
compares ( when Z
intersection equals ) to choose the correct polygon.

If You're interested I can post You the code.

\David

--
Feel free, feel Debian !