POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media Trouble : Media Trouble Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Media Trouble
From: banty
Date: 29 Apr 2000 10:36:42
Message: <390AF473.559D7F18@rapidnet.com>
I have been working on a project using P.O.V.-Ray 3.1's media
functions to simulate a space environment. The most obvious way to do
this is to use media independanty, but I can't get anything more that
random dots of color, sparsely placed around the screen. If, however, I
use media internally, I get somewhat better results, but the major part
of the picture is engulfed in a white blob which, though it is
interesting, leaves little space for anything else in the scene.

Do you have any suggestions on how I might shrink the "Star" at the
center of my image so that it appears as though viewed from a great
distance, or can you direct me to a more in depth tutorial on the
subject of Media in objects and athmosphere?

ban### [at] rapidnetcom

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'solar.jpg' (122 KB)