POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : patterned_blur filter - pattern_blur.jpg (1/1) : Re: patterned_blur filter - pattern_blur.jpg (1/1) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: patterned_blur filter - pattern_blur.jpg (1/1)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 28 Apr 2000 14:22:35
Message: <3909d6eb@news.povray.org>
Oops, my mistake.  Wasn't thinking "post-process" entirely.
I got it in my mind this was a type of thing where
you specify color mapping to apply the effect.  Akin to HF and such things
where the color value makes the change.
What I'm confused about is about the contribution the scene itself makes.
That only gets affected it appears and does not do the actual effect?
If I'm not confusing you now, what I see when looking at it seems
to be using a normal on a plane having the 'spotted' pattern and a ior in
just those few places instead of throughout.  I realize this isn't the case.

Bob