POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tornado Threatens... [~30KB Jpeg] : Re: Tornado Threatens... torn media fix [~19KB Jpeg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 20:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tornado Threatens... torn media fix [~19KB Jpeg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Apr 2000 14:09:17
Message: <3908824d@news.povray.org>
"Jerome" <ber### [at] inamecom> wrote in message news:3908264F.EFE8D193@iname.com...
| Bob Hughes wrote:
| >
| > Nope, can't use a single container, at least not for this.  The separate parts
| > have individual properties and overlapping positions.  For instance,
| > a gradient y density_map wouldn't work well for it.
| Don't forget that you can put several media statements in
| the same container, so there shouldn't be any problem even
| if your medias have different properties and overlapping
| positions. Also, the container for the ground cloud is still
| visible even in the "good" version...
|
| Nonetheless, this looks very promising.

Thanks.  Yes, I didn't render that one with the highest samples I had tried
because of the time it takes, but I did do a partial render with more samples
and it was completely correct.
The funnel has two media statements and the dust cloud has one with 3
predefined density statements.
It must only be as Chris has said, higher sampling and/or intervals is
needed to merge them properly.  Nothing to fear but render-time.

Bob