POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another post_process: find_edges - find_edges.jpg (1/1) : Re: Another post_process: find_edges - find_edges.jpg (1/1) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another post_process: find_edges - find_edges.jpg (1/1)
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 26 Apr 2000 10:04:31
Message: <3906f76f$1@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote in message
> There's something so perverse about such a thing as this,
> none the less I suppose you're going to intrigue many people who've
> been looking to ray trace cartoons.  sigh

    Why the sigh?

    The thing about raytracing cartoons (for those who have never see
Animaniacs) is that since realism with human figures just isn't here ("here"
being the free raytracing crowd), and raytraced non-realistic figures don't
usually look right, raytraced comics fills the gap. For some reason when the
viewer sees the black line around the figure, all sorts of oddities can be
easily accepted. Forgiveness just blossoms...

    So having done that (gained artistic forgiveness), one can make animated
figures that can be reused and reposed and developed into real animations in
3d environments with real stories...