POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tornado Threatens... [~30KB Jpeg] : Re: Tornado Threatens... torn media fix [~19KB Jpeg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tornado Threatens... torn media fix [~19KB Jpeg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 25 Apr 2000 22:47:37
Message: <390658c9@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message

| It looks like your media containers are breaking up the sampling into
| more intervals in some places than in others...increasing samples or
| intervals might help. Also, was "merge {}" one of the CSG types you
| tried? If this is the problem, merge {} should help, at least a little.
| Another thing you might try is putting all of the media into one
| container.

Nope, can't use a single container, at least not for this.  The separate parts
have individual properties and overlapping positions.  For instance,
a gradient y density_map wouldn't work well for it.
I figure you probably realized after posting the reply above that merge would
remove sections of the containers, media and all.
Turns out that the samples were too low, as you theorized.  Thanks.
What prevented me from using more in the first place was the animation since
I wasn't making this to be a still image.  Then I convinced myself it wouldn't change
at high enough samples anyway.
I post this message with example renders of both merge result and more samples,
should be obvious which is which.  I had to adjust on the media some more after
the samples were raised so there's a difference in appearance from the original.
Btw, took 20 minutes for the "good" one at only 160 by 120 res. (resized to make
more visible), far too lengthy to get just a 90 frame animation within a single day.

Bob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tornmedia.jpg' (14 KB)