POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Problem with UV_mapping and Mesh : Re: Problem with UV_mapping and Mesh Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with UV_mapping and Mesh
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 25 Apr 2000 05:54:36
Message: <39056BB8.19C33CED@aetec.ee>
Fabian BRAU wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have some trouble with UV_mapping and Mesh/Mesh2. All is ok with
> bicubic patch but with mesh, I cannot get the whole texture on the
> object even if I scale down??
> The code can be found at pov.bin.scene-file and the image at
> pov.bin.images. The code is long but you just need to look the lest
> lines of code.
>
> Thanks to help me :).
>
> Fabian.

Hello!

How did you create this mesh2? I don't know about mesh2 format very
much, but I tried to create mesh2 from Rhino (via export to 3DS format
and 3ds2pov converter) and saw, that it contains uv_vectors section
after normal_vectors, but in your example file such section is missing.
So, I guess that in your mesh2 there is missing uv-information and some
default value (0?) is used for u and v.

HTH