POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mega Mustang 1024x768 jpeg 333kb b.u. : Re: Mega Mustang 1024x768 jpeg 333kb b.u. Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:12:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mega Mustang 1024x768 jpeg 333kb b.u.
From: GrimDude
Date: 25 Apr 2000 02:11:55
Message: <3905372b@news.povray.org>
news:3904F2CA.AB0FE632@pacbell.net...

> The plane is really coming along nicely. The sky.... While I waited for
> this monster to download I spent a lot of time looking at the sky and
> trying to figure out what bothered me about it. I think the thing that
> bothered me the most is that the light source (moon ?) looks like it
> is inside the earths atmosphere rather than outside of it. The yellow
> coloration of the clouds doesn't really seem to fit in well either.
> I would like to see them a little whiter in color. The water is nearly
> black with a reflection of the light but the sky is too bright for this
> to look real. No wait. What I really hate about this is how well you
> modelled the airplane. I'm sorry but no one is that good :)
>
> --
> Ken Tyler - 1400+ POV-Ray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

My apologies for the size. I thought it would be better received. :(

You are right, of course, Ken. The clouds are a simple texture applied to a
cylinder. The (moon?) ;) object was supposed to be a sun. It is inside of a
sky_sphere, which has all of the effects you noticed. I can fix that, I
think.

Controlling the light in this image is really bugging me :)

The model still has a few problems ;) Feel better? :)

Grim