POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Torus problem (69KB) : Re: Torus problem (69KB) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:12:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torus problem (69KB)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 Apr 2000 21:55:43
Message: <3904fb1f@news.povray.org>
I don't know if it's a mathematic problem with the torus and if not then it must be
related to the raytracer.
Maybe there's a possible fix but I'm not one who could even begin to guess the answer.
I think it might have been said to be a "bug", but again I couldn't say.  Straining to
remember
I think people were conceding it to be a problem with the raytraced surface and might
not
be
easily fixed.  Takes those math geniuses out there (and here) I'm sure.

Bob

"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

| Bob Hughes wrote:
| >
| > This means to me that something goes wrong with that torus.  Not a complete
surprise
| > either since it's been said before by other people how that particular shape isn't
| > reliable.
| > The problem is in the inner part of the torus, even though usually an outer
surface,
ends