POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tornado Threatens... [~30KB Jpeg] : Tornado Threatens... [~30KB Jpeg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Tornado Threatens... [~30KB Jpeg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 Apr 2000 20:28:30
Message: <3904e6ae@news.povray.org>
... to ruin my scene.  :-)  Really, it is.  The three media containers simply will not
merge
together well.  I'm sure I've heard others say before that multiple containers having
differing
media won't work perfectly and I believe it.  I tried various ways to CSG them or
leave
separate.
What you see here is the separated way but doesn't matter in how the media is
rendered.
To explain what to look for (although obvious enough), in the middle of the funnel
part a
lightened section shows.  That's the top of the "halo" funnel.  And above the plume of
dirt or dust
is a darkened area where it's sphere container boundary is.  Then there's the very
visible
lower part of the funnel down to the ground.  It won't start to disappear until the
dust
is nearly black.
I thought I might stumble upon a better look for it since first making the animation
of
this
however I've been doing other things.
So, if anyone has any recommendations I'd be pleased to hear.
I should point out how the rest of the scene is mostly there for fill.  I think I
might
have over-sized
grain silos, and I know I have way too large furrows plowed there.
I owe a thankyou to Wil Hale who had asked about making a dustdevil at the p.a-u.
group.
This still image is posted here because Rick [Kitty5] had suggested it.

Bob
--
omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm

Post a reply to this message