POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : helix animation : Re: helix animation Server Time
20 Jul 2024 19:34:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: helix animation
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 Apr 2000 05:58:13
Message: <39041ab5@news.povray.org>
"Lothar Esser" <ess### [at] chopswmededu> wrote in message

| Do you mean the colors on the surface ? The surface consists of individual triangles
| (14492) and was generated by a molecular graphics program GRASP. The colors on the
| surface outline the contributions of certain types of atoms to the surface. i.e.
| white surface area = CB atoms etc.

I see.  That's a great effect done in a way I wouldn't have thought possible.
Back to the sky, there's the tiling include file which could probably do a continuous
motion which loops.  Just make the clouds using that on a plane and translate
across once.  The only difficult part would be scaling it right for the view and
that really shouldn't be much of a problem.
In case you don't know of it yet:
http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/tilegen.html

Bob