POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Late Saturday Night Abstract (~73kau) : Re: Late Saturday Night Abstract (~73kau) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Late Saturday Night Abstract (~73kau)
From: TonyB
Date: 23 Apr 2000 14:14:08
Message: <39033d70@news.povray.org>
It's just a bozo passed through a macro called Twirl. I can't find who made
it. The color map for the external (blue) area is

[.150 rgb 0]
[.250 blue 1*1.25]
[.375 rgb <1,2,4>*1.25]
[.500 blue 1*1.25]
[.600 rgb 0]

The emission is set at rgb 1/3. Mind you, if you're looking to get nice
results, you'll have to use at least samples 15,15 and intervals 15 (at
least I did, perhaps there is a better, lower setting).

Tell you what, if enough people show interest, I'll post the complete
source, OK?