POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Can you tell what it is? (WIP ~200kbu) : Re: Can you tell what it is? (WIP ~200kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:13:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can you tell what it is? (WIP ~200kbu)
From: Charles Krause
Date: 22 Apr 2000 18:53:51
Message: <39022d7f@news.povray.org>
>It looks like some kind of maintenance access panel...like a circuit
>breaker, computer circuitry, or relay box embedded in a wall or floor.
>Or maybe my scale is off, it might be a cover to a small passage, again,
>only something useful for maintenance(something like the "Jefferey's
>Tubes" in Star Trek).
>
>It certainly doesn't look high-security...from it's appearance, I would
>say you just rotate the four corner pieces and pull out on the two big
>handles to open it. No electromagnetic locks visible, no keypad, retinal
>scanner, voiceprint recognition, fingerprint verification, not even a
>padlock...

Oops! I meant high-TECH, not security :)

Nope - not even a lock :)

There is nothing to give it scale at the moment, I realize, but rough size
is 4ft x 3ft, although the model is run solely on parameters, I can tweak it
to any size I'll end up needing.

Looks like it's recognizable thanks :)

Now I working on the latch labels, the hatch label, and the company logo...

Oh - it's supposed to be the access panel on the case of a supercomputer :)