POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : how does POV work?? : Re: how does POV work?? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how does POV work??
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 21 Apr 2000 21:15:06
Message: <3900fd1a$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3900ED9E.1838BD99@videotron.ca> , pk <thi### [at] videotronca>
wrote:

> How does POV do to have mathematical perfect objects???
> I mean, what happens when POV reads an instruction that tells it to
> place a sphere??
> And how does it do to know what the cam sees?
> (And, an algorithm would be great, not just:"it fires ray...., etc)

I think this is too long to be explained in any newsgroup post(s).  You
should check out the "Suggested Reading" section in the POV-Ray
documentation.  Especially "An Introduction to Ray tracing" by Andrew S.
Glassner (editor) ISBN 0-12-286160-4 Academic Press 1989 should be available
in every public library with a computer books section.  And, as the title
suggests, it is an introduction - and a classic in the field.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde