POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Torus problem (69KB) : Re: Torus problem (69KB) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:13:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torus problem (69KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 21 Apr 2000 17:33:11
Message: <3900C930.F7039ED4@hotmail.com>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Apparently you have the end parts of each tube piece made with the inside
> donut hole of the torus.

Yes the 'end'-part is done that way: The concave
shape is a difference between a sphere and a torus.

> Try 'inverse' in those.

I have now tried to replace the difference with an
intersection of a sphere and a torus with the
'inverse' keyword. (Is this what you meant?)

==> Same result. No change in the reflections. :(

> What texture is used exactly?

  texture { Soft_Silver }
  pigment { color Red }

> Is there a 'normal' statement involved or is it just a 'finish'?

No. Just the above two statements.

Extract from the 'texture.inc' file that came
with POV-Ray:

#declare Silver1_Colour = color  rgb <0.94, 0.93, 0.83>;

#declare Soft_Silver =
texture {
    pigment { Silver1_Colour }
    finish {