POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : marbles (~33.7KB) : Re: marbles (~33.7KB) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: marbles (~33.7KB)
From: Paul Jones
Date: 21 Apr 2000 11:40:06
Message: <39007638.10E23195@psu.edu>
Actually, it has to do with the phong reflections.... I used a bump map
to generate the color gradients,
, Looking at the profile of the stack, the spheres are all spherical,
yet the reflection contradict it.
It is subtle, but I think it looks pretty cool. I have to tweak this to
make the color more believable,
and even out the transparencies.

--------------------------------------------------}
Paul Daniel Jones
The Pennslyvania State University

pdj### [at] psuedu
http://research.chem.psu.edu/glassgrp/paul

       C            The way is near, but men
     // \           seek it afar. It is in the
    N    N          easy things, but men seek it
    |    ||         in the difficult things.
    C    C          -Menicius
     \\  /