POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Saving and Re-Using Radiosity in Mega-POV? : Re: Saving and Re-Using Radiosity in Mega-POV? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:13:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saving and Re-Using Radiosity in Mega-POV?
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 20 Apr 2000 17:08:36
Message: <38ff71d4$1@news.povray.org>
GrimDude <vos### [at] yahoocom> wrote ...
> Can this data be used in a continue trace? Do you use the +c option, or
just
> add load_file to the radiosity section? I read through the MegaPov help
> file, but it wasn't specific.

If you had the radiosity disk cache turned on and you use the +c option to
continue, then POV will automatically load the data that it saved (apart
from save_file).  If you also do a load_file with a continued trace, you'll
probably have redundant data in the system (which shouldn't make anything
look bad, but will take up more memory and will probably slow things down a
bit).

-Nathan