POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Raytraced logo : Re: Raytraced logo (answer for your question) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:13:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Raytraced logo (answer for your question)
From: vaihtoehto
Date: 20 Apr 2000 15:44:30
Message: <38ff5e1e@news.povray.org>
>I had one question by the way :
>I can see very well the 'O' and 'V' in the logo, but I can't figure out
where is
>the 'P'.

i made a few of those original "ring and v" logos, which propably inspired
rune.
in those ones there is *no* "p", "o" or "v" letters.
ring is Persistance (not an O) joined with Vision (not a V) :)
lame idea, yes, and propably nobody would ever even understand it, but so
what.

so instead of reading "pov" that logo means persistance of vision.
instead of being very simple to understand it tries to be vlever and
represent persistance of vision.. (as commercial brand-logos usually do)
they are *symbols* just like letter "a", not a piece of text.

and i think that pictures created with povray show its professional
capabilities much better than a logo, so i don't see why logos should have
been done with pov-ray.
realtime (realworld) freehand drawing (and oil painting, too) is somewhat
hard to do in pov-ray, at least for me.. if you know how to do it, let me
know :)

-alt