POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The one and only "preview". (65kbu) : Re: The one and only "preview". (65kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 22:28:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The one and only "preview". (65kbu)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 18 Apr 2000 03:31:33
Message: <38fc0f55$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
| In article <38FA54AF.BB35E03B@kivisalo.net>, Kari Kivisalo
| <kar### [at] kivisalonet> wrote:
|
| > Can MP4 do motion blur if the object just rotates around an axis?
|
| Yes. MegaPOV motion blur can blur any kind of motion, you just have to
| move/change the object by using the clock variable.

No, not entirely true.  It won't do a spin on axis very well really.  The object
tends to disappear, becoming transparent.  I had thought about using a duplicate
object inside the motion blurred one but then the texture probably needs to be
null so as not to see a non-spinning object also.  What such a thing needs then
is a motion blurred texture only which seems to be alright.  A spinning texture
alone works out well until you use any other motion which over-rides the texture
making it unneccessary at a certain point.

Bob