POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Lighting problems. : Re: Lighting problems. Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighting problems.
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 17 Apr 2000 03:02:35
Message: <38fab70b@news.povray.org>
I just tried a quick check of what I said to do and it sort of fails if nothing
is in the background but seems okay if there is.  Then again it tends to
increase any object color in the background.  Here's what I ended up with:

union {
 light_source {0,1.5}
 sphere {<0,0,0>,1 texture {
 pigment {rgbf<1.5,1.5,1.5,.5>}
  finish {ambient .5 reflection .5}}
 }
}

plane {y,-1 pigment {rgb<1,1,0>}}

| I think that usually calls for increasing the filter instead of lowering it,
| then using high ambient or making the bulbs pigment more than 1
(rgbf<2,2,2,.9>
| ?) for it to show.  If I understand right.
|
| Bob
|
| "TonyB" <ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote in message
| | Hello. I need some help to finish the hallway scene I'm working on. Here's
| | the situation: I need for the lamps to cast light, and yet be
| | self-shadowing. I tried using looks_like, but they don't self-shadow. I
| | tried with light_groups, and got no where, since the lamp needs to be lit
| | from an external source to show up. I tried using rgbf <1,1,1,.1> and very
| | bright lights, but I get some strange banding on the bottom of the lightbulb
| | that no amount of max_trace_level seems to cure. What can I do? I want to
| | put lights in the center of the lightbulbs, but for the bulbs to be opaque
| | (non-transparent), slightly reflective and self-shadowing. Help. TIA
| |
| |