POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Underwater Media (119kau) : Re: Underwater Media (119kau) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:26:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Underwater Media (119kau)
From: Richard Dault
Date: 14 Apr 2000 09:59:53
Message: <38f72459$1@news.povray.org>
I'll answer a few question in the same message.

Ross: Yes, I agree.  At one point I couldn't convince myself that it was
underwater, especially before the fish came in.

Mick: The second picture does have a spotlight.  You can sort of see the
outline where it suddenly gets darker.  That's how I achieved the sunbeams.

Lt Kettch: I started with the media in Bob Hughes' sunshine image then
drifted from there.  I forgot to give him credit (and the person who did the
initial one too - I don't remember his name).  Although you probably won't
recognize the media anymore.  So basically, the water is a plane with a
scattering media.  There is also a ground fog so that the distance fades
out.  The rest is all straight forward.