POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Volumetric Non-media clouds (320x240) : Re: Volumetric Non-media clouds (320x240) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:27:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Volumetric Non-media clouds (320x240)
From: Simen Kvaal
Date: 11 Apr 2000 02:47:46
Message: <38f2ca92$1@news.povray.org>
Promising, no doubt! But what happens when the clouds cover the entire sky?
Will the isosurface-render drastically slow down? (Of course it will, but
how much?)

One problem is that the clouds look a bit dense; I suppose it is because of
this new "media type" is in principle absorbing, and that the pigment is
simpy white. Adding trasmittance/filter will probably make lighter clouds,
although it might be difficult to adjust the amount correctly. (I think.)

Simen.