POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : stereo-pics : Re: stereo-pics Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:28:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stereo-pics
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 10 Apr 2000 15:34:17
Message: <38f22cb9@news.povray.org>
> : is it possible to shift the Camera horenzotally  (incl. look at point)
>
>   If you think about it, the eyes are like two cameras. The locations of
> the eyes are at your face. The look_ats of the eyes are at the point you
> are looking at (for example right now the surface of the monitor).
>   Thus, to create a 2-eye image you should define their look_ats to be at
> the desired focal point where the "virtual" viewer is looking at.
>   If you just shift the cameras it would be like you were looking at the
> infinity.

Hmm ... you're all talking about, what may be the better way for stereopics:
shift both, camera AND lookat or just the camera.

I find, that it doesn't play a big role which option you select. The problem
of may be looking into infinity,or to close on your 'focal-point' is IMHO
solved when overlaying the 2 pics to view them. If you don't shift the
lookat with the cam, you maybe have to shift them closer together (the right
one more to the left and vice versa). then you should have the same
impression, of course not on the borders of the image.

I think the question is how you want to view the pics.