POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Martian Tripod w/ Heat Ray (44Kb) : Re: Martian Tripod w/ Heat Ray (44Kb) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Martian Tripod w/ Heat Ray (44Kb)
From: David Heys
Date: 7 Apr 2000 15:15:37
Message: <38ee33d9@news.povray.org>
Rick Adams <ben### [at] xprtnet> wrote in message

> Bob, I think the very best MWM's are the ones in the Classic Illustrated
> Comic Book. They knock my socks off! That cover is just spectacular. I
> had to search for a couple of years to find a copy, but it was just as
> good as I remembered it, which is really a testimonial to the design,
> since I hadn't seen one in over thirty years. The guy had a great
> imagination and the skill to render it, no pun intended. I haven't been
> able to find in illustration of the cover in the net, so if you find
> one, please let me know.

Well, a quick search at www.northernlight.com with the keywords "Classic
Illustrated Comic Book" garnered a good hit on the first site in the search
list. They have a small pic of the cover, AND often have the comic for sale
in case you want to read it again after all these years.
http://classicscentral.com/list12.htm scroll down to issue #124.

Here's a much larger scan of the cover
http://www.rudysclassics.com/pic9/ci124c.jpg .

Something else I found that may be of help is this
http://www.hoboes.com/html/Comics/Meetings.html . It seems to be a list of
comics-based newsgroups, etc..

David
--