POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : photon mapping problem : Re: photon mapping problem Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photon mapping problem
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 7 Apr 2000 13:12:47
Message: <38ee170f@news.povray.org>
daishi <das### [at] x-pressnet> wrote...
> yup....I'm just about out of ideas, I think I might just give up on
getting
> photon mapping to work and go back to bmrt.....sigh...

Before you give up... there is a bug in MegaPov 0.4 that causes similar
problems (but in other circumstances) that has been fixed for 0.5.  If you
could email me the whole scene (maybe a low-triangle version or one where
you use a POV torus primative instead of the mesh object), I'll do my best
to track down the bug and fix it if it still is there.

-Nathan