POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : stereo-pics : Re: stereo-pics Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stereo-pics
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 7 Apr 2000 11:11:58
Message: <38edfabe@news.povray.org>
Well a persons eyes are just along side each other so it's really just a
horizontal shift.  Not much either unless the scene is intended to be very
close.  Of course if not sticking to realism entirely then you could still have
a large shift.  I've taken photos that way in order to see large scale objects
in 3D.
I've also just rotated the camera around the y axis a bit without even using a
translate for 'location' or 'look_at' and it doesn't seem to make too great a
difference.  If only approximation to a stereo image is all you want then that
could be okay but you'd probably need the look_at point set out beyond the
central focus of your scene.

Bob