POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Trees and a bridge (small kb bu) : Re: Trees and a bridge (small kb bu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trees and a bridge (small kb bu)
From: sighmoan
Date: 7 Apr 2000 03:19:32
Message: <38ed8c04@news.povray.org>
"SamuelT." <STB### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> Funny, colored pencils has been one of my favorite mediums to do art with.
I'm
> wondering what I can do to make it look more realistic.... Then again, I
might
> want to go with an artsy, fantasy-type of look.
>
> TonyB wrote:
>
> > >Realisticish. I agree. It's not totally realistic, is it?
> >
> > It never is (unless you're HE Day, or work at Pixar). Actually, yours
looks
> > like a hand-drawn kinda thing, with colored pencils. In that sense, it's
> > very realistic. :)

What I saw was a truly "knock-'em-dead" children's book illustration, which
calls on a very different discipline than that required by film or game
animation. For that matter, the illustrations on game boxes ALWAYS look
better than the actual game graphics. So it all depends on what you want to
do with your work in computer graphics--is it a learning tool? A working
tool? An end in itself?

s.
--
sigh-sig [ http://www.homestead.com/siandabi/files/siandabi.html ]