POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Export Selected : Re: Export Selected Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Export Selected
From: Pascal Golay
Date: 6 Apr 2000 17:18:28
Message: <38ecff24@news.povray.org>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote in message ...
>Hi Pascal Golay, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
>> Hi All- I'd love to be able to 'export selected' (render menu) and have
only
>> the selected object, or light or camera update in the corresponding POV
>> files.
>Why? Does the export take so long?
>
>If you're wanting to render parts of the scene only, use the "Export"
>checkbox on top-level objects to stop them from being exported when
>you render.

Yes, thanks, that's what I do when I want to render the parts of the scene.
But for example, if I make changes to a light in Moray, and want to export
just that updated light to the POV file it would make things much easier
because I would not overwrite objects that were edited in the POV file. The
thing I'm after is keeping a POV file intact but updating certain parts of
it taking advantage of the Moray GUI. It works well with the Material editor
because I can copy and paste from the text window on the lower right. If
there were a similar for objects, cameras, lights, etc that would be great
and work just  like an export selected function.

As it is, I save the the POV file that Moray exports right away under a new
name and find the changes exported to the original POV file and copy and
paste to the renamed pov file, if you see what I mean.

-Pascal