POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : step on a crack... : Re: step on a crack... Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: step on a crack...
From: sighmoan
Date: 6 Apr 2000 05:16:11
Message: <38ec55db@news.povray.org>
"SamuelT." <STB### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> I too thought it was dozens of people jumping through the skies.

Interesting interpretation you two made. I'm as likely as the next guy to
see three balloons and think, "Mickey Mouse!", but, more often, I look at
things that seem visually obvious to other people and make cognitive
nonsense out of them. Pictorial dyslexia, if you will.

> You might try adding or subtracting the pigment from the mesh:
> function mesh( x, y, z )+crackle_tex( x, y, z )/4 to make the render time
> faster.
>
> Mike Williams has an isosurface tutorial? What's the site address? Does
this
> mean I'm off the hook with mine? I gotta stop being lazy....

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll give it a try. This picture is supposed to
be a stepping-stone to something even more complicated, and it's annoying to
have to sleep on the test renders.

I'd like to thank all here who have posted their experiences with the
isosurface, and particularly the tutorial writers: Ryoichi Suzuki, Samuel
Benge, and Mike Williams. The isosurface patch seems to be the key to my
deeper interest in PoV lately. And no, Sam, you're not off the hook. Mike
directed everyone to you for the basics (then covered most of the same
ground anyway), but any two people are going to have different ideas about
what the isosurface is FOR. Besides, we all know that you've been exploring
the territory, and it would be nice to see where you've been.

> Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! May you two have a wonderful
life
> together!

You know, as much as I hate to find myself quoting The Grateful Dead, they
certainly said it best:

WHAT A LONG, STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN!

simon A
--