POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blobmon (19kbbu) : Re: Blobmon (19kbbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobmon (19kbbu)
From: Peter Houston
Date: 6 Apr 2000 03:42:56
Message: <38ec4000@news.povray.org>
> It is one big blob.  Stylistically, I wanted this, so that I could later
> play around with it melting into things, etc.  I assume that this makes it
> very different from Peter Houston's INC, which I think is many different
> blob shapes CSG'ed together. .

That is correct, originally I started out with just one blob, but soon
discovered getting limbs too close together caused them to merge.

It was also necessary to have each body part as a separate object to allow
clothing to be to be created.

Govert Zoethout < http://victorian.fortunecity.com/dada/507/ > created the
original Blob Torso and head which my Blob Man macros were based on, there
is also lady.inc which was created by Yasunari Iwanaga <
http://yasucg.site.ne.jp/page1/parts.html > which I based the female model
on.

If you want to take a look at my macros, I have posted them in p.b.u

BTW its looking good so far, keep it up.

Regards,

Peter H.
http://welcome.to/HoustonGraphics