POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blobmon (19kbbu) : Re: Blobmon (19kbbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobmon (19kbbu)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 5 Apr 2000 22:42:50
Message: <38ebf9aa$1@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> "Greg M. Johnson" wrote:
>
> > I've undertaken my third revision of my blob-mon (I watch Pokemon and
> > had friends call me Gregmon a decade ago, so I'm calling it Blobmon!)
> > and this is the first that is even presentable.
>
> I looks good! Is the back side finished?
>
> Maybe the chest needs a little bit more details.
>
> How do you place all those spheres and cylinders in the blob?
> Manually with a modeller, or are you hand coding this?

It is one big blob.  Stylistically, I wanted this, so that I could later
play around with it melting into things, etc.  I assume that this makes it
very different from Peter Houston's INC, which I think is many different
blob shapes CSG'ed together. .

I hand coded it so that I can rotate the arms & legs for later animation.
There might be 150 components, but I haven't counted recently.

Rotoscoping is the practice of setting up an image as a backdrop as one
sculpts one's model.  I used Poser, MetaCreations' program that makes human
figures.  This is the first and really only good use I've had out of this
program.